POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Dire Passage : Re: Dire Passage Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dire Passage
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 19 Feb 2005 03:56:18
Message: <4216ff32@news.povray.org>

news:4216aa86$1@news.povray.org...

> If I remember right, the foam 'starts' on the wave crest, then the wave
> moves and the foam doesn't, sorta.  Then again, that was a while ago.  I
> should probably move these comments to the other thread.
>
>         == John ==
You remember right :)
It is just tricky to simulate it... maybe a slightly translated version of
the function generating the waves?
But while foam forms at wave crest, it vanishes at the back of the wave as
the bubbles make their way to the surface.
I have to say I choosed crackle pattern to make a sea breaking on the shore
with swirls and upwells and not for open sea.

Marc